Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Promoter: Findmypast Newspaper Archives Limited, DC Thomson, 9th Floor, Meadowside Building, Dundee, DD1 1DD (Registered in Scotland, registered company number SC375068).
2. The Supplier: Findmypast Newspaper Archives Limited, DC Thomson, 9th Floor, Meadowside Building, Dundee, DD1 1DD (Registered in England and Wales, registered company number SC375068).
3. Eligibility: This clause 3 applies to all entrants and their nominees. This prize promotion is open to individuals aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of The Promoter or its group companies;
(b) employees of associated agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its group companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration’ or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above. Promotional Period: The promotional period runs from 10 am BST on Monday 8 May 2023 until 10 am BST on Monday 19 June 2023. Entries will be accepted from Monday 8 May 2023 (the “Opening Date”) until 10 am BST on Monday 19 June 2023 (the “Closing Date”). All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
5. Entry Instructions: To enter, click on the “Win a 12 month subscription” button within the competition email.
6. Entrants may make only one entry to the competition. All additional entries will be disqualified.
7. Any entries that the Promoter considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
8. No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
9. Prize Fund: The five winners will each receive the following prize package:
· 1 x British Newspaper Archive 12-month subscription
10. Winner Selection: The Promoter will randomly select the winners once the competition has closed. The winners shall be selected from all people who click the entry button within the email. Every email contains a unique link that is personal to the recipient and competition entry is tracked via this unique link. Forwarding the email on to other people will not result in multiple entries. Clicking multiple times will not result in multiple entries.
11. Winner Notification: The entrant will be contacted by email via the account provided at point of entry within seven days of the closing date and will have 14 days from notification to claim the prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this time frame the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement.
12. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
13. General: The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winners. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. The surname and county of the winners can be obtained by sending an email, 28 days after the prize promotion closing date, to firstname.lastname@example.org If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
18 The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
19. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor Supplier accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter and Supplier further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter and Supplier’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
20. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
21. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter, the Supplier or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
24. The Promoter and the Supplier reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
25. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
26. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. Unless otherwise notified to the Promoter in accordance with clause 19, by entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to giving their names for the winners’ list.